Apprentice Vehicle Technicians
Park's Motor Group is searching for talented people to join their team as an Apprentice Vehicle Technician in Inverness. Giving you the opportunity to become the best skilled Service Technician for the future enabling you to deal with the complex technology for the vehicles of the future, where career options and prospects are endless.
- You will be working on vehicles such as cars or light commercial vehicles. Duties will include carrying out servicing, fault finding, repair of vehicles, operating specialist equipment and all other associated tasks.
- Training is not all hands on, we believe that learning to use a computer and understanding the theory behind the role is as important as using a spanner.
- You will attend college as part of this apprenticeship.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN:
- On the job training will be carried out in the employer’s workshop alongside your workplace mentor.
- Off the job training will be typically one-week block release at college.
- You will build portfolios to record training, experience and skills gained throughout your apprenticeship.You will be expected to self-study and with the combination of on the job and off the job training, you will be working towards the Modern Apprenticeship Framework standards for Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, including Core Skills.
QUALIFICATIONS / QUALITIES:
- The successful applicant will be confident, self-motivated and keen to work as part of a team. Having an interest in working in the automotive and engineering industries and inquisitive nature and a desire to fix things are just as important as academic achievements.
- Must have 5 qualifications at National 5 level, these must include Maths, English and a Science. Predicted grades will be taken into consideration.
Initial assessments and interviews will be carried by Remit Ltd.