The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest is back for its 12th year, and Park’s Toyota would like to invite your children in the North of Scotland to get involved in this competition for a chance to WIN an iPad or Kindle and £100 cheque to the winning school, club or charity. The winning artist will then be entered into the National Toyota competition for a chance to win a variety of exciting prizes and the opportunity to win a trip of a lifetime to Japan for the World Contest.
You have to live in the UK and fit into one of these three age categories: Under 8s; 8-11 year olds; 12-15 year olds. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family and school about the contest at Park’s Toyota, too. You could even ask your teacher to turn it into a class project.
The deadline for entries to Park’s Toyota is Tuesday 9th January 2018. Simply fill in the entry form then post your design and completed form to us at: Park’s Toyota, 66 Harbour Road, Inverness, IV1 1UF. Once we have decided the local winner we will enter your drawing into the National competition so no need to worry! We wish you good luck!
Those who are 15 years old and younger who live in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands.
Age Categories (at time of signed entry form)
(1) Category 1: Under 8 years old
(2) Category 2: 8-11 years old
(3) Category 3: 12-15 years old
16th October 2017 – 9th January 2018 (entries accepted no later than this date)
Please send your artwork to the office according to the following guidelines.
(1) Paper size: Strictly observe that the paper size should be A3 or A4.
(2) Artistic medium: your choice
*You may use coloured pencils, markers, crayon, water paints or other similar drawing tools.
All entries must be hand drawn. Works such as, but not limited to, CG pictures made using a computer, collages, cut outs, etc. will not be accepted as entries. Also, “collaborative works” completed by multiple individuals on a single piece of paper will not be accepted as entries.
As a rule, the artwork must be in colour, and please draw a background.
(3) Entry form. Download the entry form from the following website: www.toyota.co.uk/dreamcar. All entries must be accompanied by a fully completed entry. Any entry received without an entry form will not be accepted.
Please fill in all the necessary items on the entry form, and securely attach it to the back of your artwork.
Please see the “Entry method” provided on the entry form for more detailed methods.
(4) Permission of the parent or legal guardian is necessary when entering the contest.
(5) Destination address:
Dream Car Art Contest, Park's Toyota, Harbour Road, Inverness, Highlands, Scotland, IV1 1UF
Judging will be strictly conducted in two stages. Submitted artworks will first be judged at the “UK Contest”, with the top three artworks being selected from each age category.
The top three places in each age category will be entered in the World Contest. At the World Contest, the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest judges will choose the outstanding artworks submitted from each country, and select the Gold, Silver, and Bronze award winners, as well as the finalists.
Special award winners will be selected out of the finalists from the World Contest.
The judges’ decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
The top 3 artworks from each age category at the “UK Contest” will be announced on www.toyota.co.uk/dreamcar and prizes including an iPad will be awarded to the winners.
The best finalists of the World Contest (recipients of Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Special awards winners in the World Contest) are invited to the award ceremony to be held in Japan in August 2018. At the World Contest, an award certificate and
extra prize (to be determined by Toyota Motor Corporation Japan (“TMC”)) will be presented to the gold, silver, and bronze award winners.
It is up to each individual prize winner to ensure that they have all appropriate travel documentation in place to allow them entry into Japan.
In the event that an advertised prize is not available or it is impossible or impractical to provide that prize, then we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
Announcement of winners
The results of UK Contest are scheduled to be announced in February 2018, and the results of the World Contest will be announced in September 2018. The results of the UK Contest will be posted on www.toyota.co.uk/dreamcar and the results of the World Contest will be posted on the global website for the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest.
(http://www.toyota-global.com/events/dream_car_art_contest/) In the event that a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
Other terms & conditions
- No purchase or entry fee is necessary.
- Entry into this contest implies acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- This contest is open only to residents of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands only.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 16th January 2018. Any entry received after that time will not be accepted.
- Any submission that has previously been released, entered in another contest, or infringes on any third party’s
copyrights will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
- Family members of employees of TMC or companies affiliated to or associated with TMC related companies are also eligible to participate.
- Any personal information or other data collected as part of the contest will not be used for any other purpose.
- We will be unable to return any of the artworks submitted for the contest.
- All rights in the submitted artworks, including but not limited to publication, use, adaption, editing, and revision rights, will belong to Toyota Motor Corporation. The entrant will not retain any rights in submitted artwork.
- The submitted artworks may be used in advertisements and printed materials by Toyota Motor Corporation for the purpose of advertising. Additionally, by entering this contest the entrant agrees to participate in any reasonable promotional activities that may be request by us.
- All prizes must be accepted as offered. No cash or alternative prize will be offered. Prize eligibility may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- The winners must submit to TMC a declaration attesting that they meet the eligibility requirements and an agreement that they will not submit their award-winning artworks to any other art contest.
- Toyota (GB) PLC and TMC will not be liable for any circumstances beyond their reasonable control which prevents any prize from being used or honoured.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules.
- The UK Contest will be governed exclusively by English law. The World Contest will be governed exclusively by
- This competition is being run in the UK and Northern Ireland by Toyota (GB) PLC on behalf of TMC. Toyota (GB) PLC is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 0916634 and with its registered office at Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX.
Handling of personal information
- Notification of judging and judging results of this contest
- Sending of prizes for this contest by mail
- Surveys for the purpose of improving the content of this contest, and for anonymous
statistical analysis for marketing, etc.
- Under adequate safeguards any usage deemed necessary by Toyota Motor Corporation in order to conduct the contest fairly and safely.
No personal data collected as part of running the Dream Car Art Contest will be used for marketing purposes or sold to any third party for any use.
* Disclosure of personal information to third parties: With the exception of providing personal information to contractors within the necessary scope of conducting this contest, personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without the permission of the individual.
* In operating and managing this contest, personal information will be provided to a company acting as our agent to handle personal information. We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that any party handling data on behalf of Toyota has adequate safeguards relating to data protection and information security in place.