We are looking for an experienced Accountant Assistant to join our team. The main purpose of the role is to assist the dealership accountant with the preparation and analysis of key financial information for a number of motor dealerships in our group.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Obtaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and nominal ledger structure.
• Day to day accounting duties and maintenance of ledgers to ensure the integrity of information.
• Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
• Ensuring the timely reporting of all monthly financial information in line with Company timetables.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Providing various cost and analytical reports at month-end and other ad hoc business reports.
• Assisting with audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns.
• Assisting in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Your skills and experience will include:
• You should have worked in a similar role and be able to demonstrate relevant experience.
• Strong analytical skills coupled with strong technical management accounting skills are essential, as is a proven track record of developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior operational and financial management.
As this role will involve day to day interaction with both site and group management, you should have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a positive and proactive attitude to managing a high volume of work and conflicting priorities calmly and effectively.
Excellent IT skills including proficiency in all MS Office applications particularly MS Excel is also essential. Knowledge of Keyloop Autoline and a background in the motor trade, though not essential, would be a distinct advantage.