Senior Management Accountant
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious Senior Management Accountant to join Douglas Park Limited, part of the prestige operations of Park’s Motor Group, one of Scotland’s largest and most successful retailers.
This is a management position, and the successful candidate will be required to take an active role in ensuring optimised financial performance from our flagship BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealerships across West and Central Scotland.
- Ensure the day to day operation of the financial processes are carried out efficiently and in accordance with group deadlines, including the recording of all sales, purchases and stock transactions
- Accurate and timely production of monthly management accounts
- Challenge and support branch management by analysing performance to establish trends and be able to provide recommendations
- Organise, prepare and actively participate at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Support operational management in understanding and making effective use of their financial reports
- Manage dealership assets including debtors, stock, cash and funding facilities to maximise cash flow
- Develop and manage your team, encouraging strong controls and compliance with group policies
- Submission of manufacturer composites and analysis and interpretation of dealership KPIs
- Contribute to forecasting and budgeting processes to support overall organisational performance and change
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete all other ad hoc financial reporting requirements
Your skills and experience:
- You will be a qualified or part-qualified accountant
- You have a proven track record in managing staff across a multi-site environment
- You are a driven individual who is able to initiate and implement change to improve current procedures where appropriate
- You will be organised and able to work under pressure
- You will be a confident communicator who can be trusted with managing confidential and sensitive information
- Motor trade experience is preferable but not essential
- You will have a full, clean drivers licence
In return, you will receive strong development support in our well-established and highly effective finance team along with an excellent benefits package including access to a company car.